Afternoon Coffee in the Desert


Spending the day in Jebel Faya20 minutes drive from the bustling city  of DubaiJebel means mountain in Arabic. 
Jebel Faya is an archaeological site in the Emirate of Sharjah.
Middle eastern stone age tools were unearthed here. 


The rocky mountain echoes of quad engines and 4x4 vehicles exploring the red sand dunes. 
The sound almost disappears afterwards and a lovely sense of calm takes over. 
This is a favorite paragliding site for gliders living in the city 
and an ideal family picnic ground within the desert. 
  


Lesson learned: If you see wild camels -  stay, stay away.

My curiosity led me to walk closer to these beautiful, sweet  and graceful creatures of the desert.
As I started taking pictures of them up close, this dude was not happy to be disturbed.
There I was running on the sand dunes, screaming and laughing, chased by a camel.
I finally made it to the vehicle just in time.
They're cute, though, don't you think?
Until I've been harmlessly bitten by one.
But I love them just the same. 
Whenever I see them quietly strolling on the sand in a group 
while driving on a desert highway,
they always cheer me up.




Things to Do:


1. Grab a mat and lie down.  Just be on the look out for quad drivers to keep them from  running you over.  Sometimes, this place is completely deserted.  A quiet site to read a book or some alone-time for reflection.

2. Walk barefoot on the soft sand. During winter season, the cold sand is refreshing.  Climb up the dunes barefoot. Great exercise by the way.

3. Bring some friends and enjoy the rugged beauty.

4. Camp outdoors.  


5. Picnic barbecue.


6. Watch the sunset




Thank you for having a virtual coffee with me in the desert.
 Have a beautiful weekend!


You Might Also Like

0 comments