10 Things to Do in SF: # 7 Alcatraz

Visiting "The Rock", the island prison more than a century older than Guantanamo, has been a memorable one for me. The history, the eerie feeling being inside a cell during an audio walking tour of the complex. The lovely skyline of San Francisco can be enjoyed during the ferry ride and during a short stroll outdoors on the island.



We booked online ferry tickets many weeks before our trip at Alcatraz Cruises, as it is often fully booked during the summer. The fare includes admission to the park and an audio tour.  The ferry departs every half hour behind the Pier 33 ticket booth. If you into a creepy experience, try their popular night cell house tour.

What are your plans this weekend?

Love & light,
Arni

Check out the previous 10 Things to Do in San Francisco posts: 
#1 Get Breakfast at Mama's

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. really? night cell house tour? i love creepy stuff but that may be just a little bit too freaky! :) i have a dreaded dentist appointment. i so don't want to go! i'm such a child when it comes to going to the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks seriously nice in the daytime! When I went it was at night and raining, which added to the creepy factor but was kind of a drag, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhh, I guess my biggest fear is to be trapped, unfree, therefore I would probably feel beyond awkward walking through a prison.. Brrr. But, as always, beautiful photos, Arni!! SF seems a wonderful place and a must visit for me some day! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Svenja
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for your tips- we're headed back to San Francisco in the spring. Alcatraz is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly packed plenty of activities into your San Francisco visit! The last photo is beautiful - so serene.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love SF! It's seriously one of my favorite cities and it's so fun to see your take on it! And it looks like you timed the weather perfectly...great pics! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Content. I appreciate getting this reliable information from you.
    Thanks for sharing this great content. I love reading your posts. They are inspiring. I have some relevant information you can review below.
    San Francisco muir woods tour

    ReplyDelete