Random Things About Me Over a Cup of Coffee
Let's pretend for a second that we are in a nice terrace overlooking the garden enjoying a cup of coffee (while the baby is sleeping) to catch up. Miss B of Bobochic nominated me a few days ago to share a few random things about me. Check out hers here. I can't wait to find out about yours too.
- A Leftie. I'm left-handed and I can write with my right hand too. I can also write upside down. It was a clever trick to amuse clients during meetings. :)
- It’s difficult to get my 100% attention in a conversation. I have a very short attention span.
- I have mastered the art of pretending to listen but don’t be fooled. :) I was eventually sent to attend a seminar called, "The Art of Listening." --which was really helpful by the way.
- Absent-minded and often daydreaming, always ask me three times when I say ‘yes’ to your question, if I really meant it, especially when I’m doing something.
- I won an award- Most Talkative Person in kindergarten class for not listening to the teacher and going from one table to another, which was weird because I'm really quite reserved.
- I got in trouble and was sent to the principal's office when I was a kid for using the boys bathroom all the time. I always wondered why the boys screamed whenever I entered.
- I like the adrenalin rush of presenting on stage in front of a big audience and talk. It scares me, but I always get such a rush afterwards.
- Yet, it’s so funny how I feel anxious socializing or networking in a cocktail party with people I don’t know.
- I'm a licensed architect, but didn't really practice it until I got into Interior Design. I'm so glad I took Architecture. It's a great foundation for what I am doing now.
- I avoid any sport activities that involve BALLS..or any sport where balls bounce back (that includes shuttlecocks too). Balls hate me, they always land on my face.
- I can sleep anywhere immediately, even inside the plane or a moving bus. I can fall sleep sitting down and in less than a minute.
- Almost stage actress. When I was 22, I auditioned in a professional theatre while I was looking for a job, and won the lead role to perform as an adulterous woman doomed to be murdered by her famous artist husband. I turned it down because I had to appear half naked on stage in a steamy bed scene with lots of torrid kissing. Eeew..
- My first big theatre performance on stage was when I was 13, as a seductive dancer performing flamenco in a high school musical play called, "In Gay Havana" by Baker.
- A frustrated dancer. I've always wanted to pursue dancing and was invited to join a professional dance group performing on TV after that play, but I was not allowed by my parents for fear of affecting my studies.
- I was a strict lacto-vegetarian and at some point pure vegan for 7 years.
- After 7 years, I decided to buy one Big Burger King Whopper one day and started eating meat again.
- One of my greatest accomplishments today was learning to install the baby car seat for my first day out with my little one at the mall alone. She's a mall rat in the making. She was incredibly well behaved and seemed to have enjoyed shopping a lot.
I could go on and on. That's it for now.
- Marjorie of Coffeehan
- Ashley of Have Ashley Will Travel
- Irene of Away from Tenerife
- Claire of The Secret Notebook
- Molly of The Move to America
Please feel free to participate. I'd be very happy to read about your random things.
Have a great week!
Love & light,