Happy Walk Series France: Revisiting Les Gravelots


It's Father's Day today! Since it's the celebrated day for all Dads out there, I'll write about one of the many lovely walks we did as a family this week. I chose this one in particular because I got to step back from time to time, to watch my husband and my daughter.  I wanted to freeze these moments.

Seven months ago, if you've been reading the blog for some time.  We went through something very very difficult as a family. Something nightmarish that I can't still bring myself to talk about, yet with God's grace and power, we have survived it and moved on.  During those times when I thought I would never experience such mundane moments with my husband again, like eating dinner or watching TV together, I would have given anything to be where we are today.  So as I am several steps behind watching my daughter giggle in the baby carrier on my husband's back, I whisper a love-filled "Thank you" to God, my Father, hoping that the wind carries my message to Him.


" My Father gave me the greatest gift 
anyone could ever give another person;
he believed in me."
-Jim Valvano


"My father didn't tell me how to live;
he lived,
and let me watch him do it."
- Clarence B. Kelland


We re-visited Les Gravelots again, following the trail this time and not the bike path. It's a 5.1km trail in a forest park in Olonne Sur Mer, France that starts at Aire de la Forgerie. Click on the link here for the circuit.

Discover more Happy Walk Series:


This special day has always been a blank occasion to me growing up. After going through breakthroughs I have God the Father to thank for and celebrate this with for He has created Dads to continue what he has started.

Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there!
Wishing you all a lovely Sunday!
Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It would be nice if we could bottle up all those special places and memories and relive them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like a stunning and peaceful place to have a walk at

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely moments worth freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely area for walking and so peaceful too. We like to walk along the coast when we can. It's a twenty minute drive away from home.

    ReplyDelete