2018 Intentions

Lindis Pass
Hello Everyone!  How have you been?

It was definitely sheer bliss. We were on a one month road trip to explore New Zealand last December. Hence, my silence on the blog. 

During this time, I logged out from Facebook and other forms of social media (except Instagram) and only checked in before Christmas Eve and the New Year's to respond to messages and posted a few photo greetings.

This allowed me to deeply absorb and experience the sensory delights during our trip with no pressure of sharing. 

During this time, I had the opportunity to reflect on my intentions for this year.  

Lindis Pass
Before you read further, I must warn you that these are my own thoughts. I have no intention of imposing my own opinions on you. Let's agree to disagree if ever.

Starting the year right.

No distractions. We were able to fully enjoy hearty meals without the disruption of the mobile phone. That for me, is priceless nowadays.

I have yet to write about our Kiwi adventure here.  Those following me on Instagram have experienced an avalanche of New Zealand images. It is #1 in my Top 5 Favorite Countries in the World for many reasons. 

One of my goals for this year is to continue my social media detox. I have filtered and reviewed connections based on their values and meaning in my life. To have more room for important things within the limited time during the day and remove toxic feed and useless information. 

Simplify

The same way I minimized my possessions in the last few years, I am downsizing my relationships as well. 

I will seek only those who understand and accept the real me,  who hold the same values and interests as I do. I will be a dear friend to those who need me, who acknowledges my presence in their lives and who appreciate me for who I am.  

I will pay a hefty air fare if there is a cause to something or if I see a deep value to things. 

On the contrary, consider my definite absence if I were to be indulging in small talk in a homecoming reunion with people from the past who never cared nor really communicated with me in the last few years. 

What's the point?  Drinking cocktails, superficial conversations about the past and listening to gossips do not really appeal to me.  I'm not saying there is something wrong with that.  It is just not for me.

Life is too short. I'd rather really spend that time with real friends who were there for me when my life was rosy or upside down. You guys, know who you are because we have not lost touch one way or another. 

Embrace Acceptance

Be more open. Accepting others doesn't mean I agree with them but I will accept them for their own uniqueness. I will try to let go of my high (oftentimes perfectionist) expectations of things to avoid frustration.

Live Without Fear

I will be more assertive and confrontational. I will tactfully speak my mind and will express myself both verbally and in written form when my boundaries are crossed. I will also take action whenever necessary if my assertions are not acknowledged.


Set Daily Intentions

This somehow encompasses my personal goals may they be material, physical, carrying with them clarity of meaning and purpose in every intention.

Note to self:  Drink lots of water and eat healthier.

Meditate More Often

I need to be be deeply connected to God (to the Source, to Higher Power etc. ) for peace, clarity and synchronicity.

What are your goals and intentions for 2018?
How has it been going so far?
Love and light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I was so incredibly jealous of your NZ pictures and am glad that y'all had such a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rooth. I look forward to going back there again one day.

      Delete
  2. I really like this article. nice and good article. yes I'm agree with you,i will share it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have beautiful intentions set out for 2018 and I agree with all of them. The one that resonated to me the most is the downsizing of relationships because I think I am an expert of this. I have lost count on my fingers the people I let go in my life. While I do appreciate the times I had with them, I do not appreciate being taken for granted or being the only person who make an effort to maintain the relationship. I used to wonder if I am not worth the fight for those people, if so, why. But I have learned to stop asking questions and just accept that people come and go in our lives.

    Now that you mentioned reunion, my class from highschool had a recent reunion in January and I chose not to attend. Like you, I see no reason in faking it. I was never that close with those classmates of mine anyway, and in fact, I hated the time I spent in high school so much that remembering those days make me cringe. So yeah, I don't want to make an effort for something I deem to be unimportant.

    I have stopped meditation a long time ago, you reminded me that I should get back to it.

    I wrote an article on my blog where I set my intentions for 2018, which is basically to make it the year where I would just do whatever it is that I want to do. The year for "I can."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marge, thank you. I just read your post on the Year for I Can. I found myself nodding and saying, "Yes, go girl." I truly agree with letting go of some people in our lives. I believe in Jim Rohn's quote saying that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with. It may not be easy, but based on experience, it's better to keep the door closed and even burn bridges with those who just wishes us harm.

      Delete