Ichiran Ramen




There is something about ECQ that makes me crave for a comforting bowl of ramen. Perhaps triggered by all of the Asian series I have been watching as of late, but the thought of hot freshly cooked noodles in savory pork broth  brings me back to a time when my sister took us to Ichiran Ramen in Tokyo, Japan.  

Ichiran Ramen is  well known  as One of the Best Ramen Places in Japan.  There is always a queue at the entrance, but we were lucky that the waiting was short by dining during odd hours. I remember heading down a flight of stairs and confronting this machine where we had to select from the menu,  punch in our orders and pay for them. Yes, everything on the machine where you will receive the tickets.  Thankfully, my sister guided us through the process as people waited in the queue behind us.



The individual ramen booth is far too interesting to get unnoticed. You can privately enjoy your bowl undisturbed with a call bell should you need assistance. This is a unique experience by itself.  

We chose a bigger table for families and groups.  Several minutes later, our orders were served. I was too excited to slurp my ramen that I didn't bother taking artistic photos. Sorry for that.  The broth was tasty and it was just the perfect meal after a long city stroll. 

Of course, a tonkotsu ramen paired with a cold draft Japanese beer is pure bliss!

For more info, visit http://www.ichiran.co.jp/


Do you like ramen?
Bon Appetit!
Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The Japanese really love booths in their life, right? Remember those sleeping booth hotels that they have. Cannot imagine living in such a massively crowded country where you literally live in a flat the size of a matchbox LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do! I was surprised to see how they love waiting in line, they have tremendous patience for that. They manage to fit everything within small spaces, it's amazing! I can't imagine how a family manages to stay for long indoors during this quarantine though.

      Delete