Backpacking Vacation

Today we leave for a new adventure. We're headed towards the tropical islands of the Philippines where we'll explore the first two places (Puerto Princesa and El Nido) in my Grand Adventure wish list, with a stopover in Hong Kong on the way back to Dubai.

A Trip for Two /  Blogging Sleep
Unlike my last November -December vacation,
I'll be offline during this three-week trip.
Like the above photo, I'll be taking a blogging break.
I will definitely miss reading your blogs for the next three weeks.

Nomadic Trip
We're going for a real adventure this time by not booking accommodation for our Palawan trip. I managed to arrange one for our first nights in Puerto Princesa. Everything is fully booked. We're officially nomads the next two weeks there. We hope to be more flexible with our schedule. We might end up sleeping on the beach with our sleeping bags this peak season if we don't get lucky. (Silly, I know) I might end up like that photo above hugging my backpack, munched by mosquitoes if ever. {Reminder to self: Bring mosquito repellent lotion.}

I'd like to share these with you while I'm preparing my backpack.

Packing Tips



I'll miss you all!
Have a wonderful Spring season everyone!
XOXO,
Arni

{P.S. The photos were taken in Mahe, Seychelles.  Left photo: Beau Vallon Beach / Right :  Sleeping on the grounds of Victoria Jetty while waiting for a boat ride}

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Hi Arni, I still have to answer your last mail, I was planning to do it next weekend when I can finally catch a break from early working mornings long studying evenings and hoped that I was still on time to wish you a wonderful holiday but I guess you'll read it after this blogging break!
    But reading this, I just have to do it now! So have a great holidays and enjoy every moment of your travelling. I'm looking forward to reading about this new adventure and seeing your beautiful photos :)

    So, have a safe trip and enjoy every minute. Wish you all the best!

    xoxo Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about your travels when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have an amazing time in the PI!!! can't wait to hear all about your latest adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaahhh! I get behind on my blog reading and next thing I know, you're leaving me!!! The backpack picture is stunning, fyi, and I'm so excited for your trip!!! I hope you have a fabulous time and will miss you while you're away! Xoxo

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip and take advantage of that time to unplug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting trip! Have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time! I shall definitely miss you while you are away and already look forward upon your return to look at all your pictures and hear all your adventures!!

    Ohh, sleeping on the beach might even be a bit adventurous and romantic!! I really love the movie 'the beach' with L DiCaprio ages ago, and I bet the Philippines have also such a paradise environment!

    Have a safe trip and come back safe and sound!
    Love,
    Svenja

    Happybluebird

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a wonderful adventure. I have always wanted to just get on a plane and go somewhere with no prior hotel bookings but I am just too chicken (I suspect that the husband and I would end up fighting too)! I hope you have a fantastic time and I can’t wait to hear about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will miss you too, have a great trip and come back with tones of beautiful pics, I 've never been in Philippines so I will enjoy them quite a lot.
    And don't worry I bet you will find some nice place to sleep.
    kisses and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am soo jealous! Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just catching up on your posts. Have a wonderful trip - Hong Kong is one of my favourite cities. Excellent tips here and looking forward to your photos of the Philippines.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful time. Report back with lots of photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your trip. I will miss seeing you here for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful time Arni! Will miss your posts. Can't wait to see all about it when you are back. I really need to plan my next trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    my webpage; www.viajesturisticoseconomicos.net/puerto-vallarta-destino-mexico/

    ReplyDelete