3 Things I Like About Pinas This Week


Ahhh!  It's December already? Where did the rest of the months go?

T'is the season to consume lots of coffee so we could stamp our way to claim the 2019 Journal at the coffee shop you fancy.  If you have an extra journal, please feel free to throw some my way and I'd be ecstatic. (Ha! You must be thinking, the nerve of this girl!)  

Oh well, that's one of my intentions for next year. I intend to speak my mind more - in real life that is. You see, I tend to reveal more of myself here on the blog and only to a select few, in person.

It makes me chuckle to remember musings of some of my real life friends during my incoherent babble, "We'll just read your blog, so we can understand you better."  

So, what do I like about Pinas this week?

1. Early Christmas in the Philippines

Christmas carols echo in malls as early as September.  Decorations start popping out everywhere before the rest of the world.  After Undas or All Souls Day, Christmas Season is in full swing, houses are trimmed with lights and lanterns.  Everywhere, it is teeming with festive cheer and the holiday spirit.  

My Pinay heart brings out the happy child in me while listening to Instrumental Jazz Christmas Carols.  Oh, not to mention wrapping presents!


2.  The Seat Sale

Each Filipino traveler swears by following the occasional airline promotions offering really affordable airline tickets to specified destinations during a specific time period.  For a country with seven thousand plus islands, this is the easiest way to explore different regions, even our neighboring countries as well.


3.  The Hilot

My daughter suddenly fell ill after we attended an event. That same evening, she started burning with fever for no apparent reason. She had no colds nor cough. Neither was it a case of dengue.  After nursing her with medication, her fever was controlled, but she was still lethargic.  We were referred to a faith healer.  After being prayed over and massaged with oil, my daughter started feeling better. We were told it was a case of an evil eye. An hour later, my daughter was active and her fever disappeared since.


That's all for now.
I'm off to start preparing my Christmas Shopping List. 
Wishing you all a fun holiday month!

Love & light,
Arni




You Might Also Like

1 comments