3 Things I Like About Pinas This Week



Happy Chinese New Year to those celebrating it!  Yay, Year of the Pig eh?  It has been more than a week since I have taken a vacation from Facebook and Instagram.  I am presently enjoying the silence. 

Beautiful Sunsets

To watch the sunset in Paliton Beach in silence is so soothing to the soul.  There are 2 stretches of fine white sand divided by rock outcrop that completely separates the 2.  The longer side was filled with music and young groups in drinking sessions huddled together between fishing boats under coconut trees.  The other one, on the contrary, was peaceful, with a few travelers perched quietly appreciating the sea before them.  We chose the latter.  As if on cue, on some higher level, there was an understanding among all of us.  We all sat there in silence and watched the sun until it disappeared.



Realized Projects

When I returned to the Philippines, I thought I'd never get to design again. I just had this notion in my head that my career would stagnate, but boy was I wrong! I'm grateful for friends from different parts of the world who throw projects my way. I may have done something to have gained their trust. For
this I'm deeply touched and grateful. 

I may not (yet) be earning as much as I used to back then, but this freelance lifestyle suits me. I get to spend time with my family.  I get to choose which projects to work on and I get to travel in between.  This is a hangar and airstrip that I have designed for our family biz, which is still a work in progress.
  


Slow Living

Growing up  in the countryside is completely different from the childhood that I have had growing up in Manila. Life in the province reminds me of a time when tablets didn't exist and children are joyfully playing outdoors, climbing trees, running with kites, the exact childhood I have envisioned for my daughter.  

What are the 3 things that you like where you live in right now?
Wishing you a great week!
Love & light,
Arni


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Happy New Year Rooth! Wishing you all the great things your heart yearns for this year.

      Delete