Treats for the Self on V Day
How did your Valentine's Day go?
My husband and I have made it a tradition since, not to celebrate it. He's a firm believer of love being demonstrated everyday. I, on the other hand have always been a Valentine's Day fanatic since I was young. It was the date of my Dad's birthday and I just love how people get lovey-dovey every year.
Without expectations, I have always found a way to celebrate this day in many ways. As Yohann spent the 14th of February morning in Ras Al Khaimah for the RAK Half Marathon, I went about my day to treat the self.
What I'm loving this V-Day Weekend:
- Spice biscuit, traditional flat cookie from Switzerland made of honey, hazelnuts, candied peel and Kirsch.I got it as as a sweet goodie present from Irene of Away From Tenerife. I find it heavenly delicious, the kind where each bite gives one a problem-amnesia for a few seconds.I reserve each piece for those special moments when I want to feel good.
|According to Wiki, Lecker means delicious in German. It surely is.|
- Bite-sized Baked Macaroni with bechamel, tomato sauce and mozzarella topping made by a dear friend. They're throwing me a baby shower next weekend and this is a taste trial of what they're serving next week.
|Bite sized treats and a full English breakfast|
- A Breakfast Date with the self for a yummy English Breakfast before going grocery shopping.
- Late mid-afternoon Lunch Date at home with friends and their partners. I made Chicken a La King on Pate Brisee. Click here for the recipe.
|Chicken a La King Pie / Fresh White Roses|
- I bought myself a bouquet of White Roses from the floral section of Spinneys.
|Ciaté® Love Me Oil - Cranberry Cuticle Oil Nail Treatment|
- DIY Nail pampering with this Love Me Oil by Ciaté. I love the scent and how my nails feel nourished especially in Dubai's current cold and dry weather.
- My favorite 1837 TWG Signature Black Tea. I first tried it here and loved it since.
How was your V- Day weekend? What did you do?
Wishing you all a lovely week!
Love & light,