Dreams Over Nightmares


"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and faith stronger than your feelings. " Dreams of the future keep us going.  


How's your week? Mine was a roller coaster of sorts. We were sent on a goose chase for the last two days to settle paper work and locate where our vehicle is.  It was stored in an impound yard in the middle of nowhere between Al Ain and Abu Dhabi. Driving the Ford again after three months felt surreal. I was, in fact, cheerfully clapping my hands as I watched it go thru the steel gates. One thing done. Now we can start selling the vehicles one after another. 

What surprised me though was visiting all of these places and seeing familiar faces brought back the memories of what happened, I still can't bring myself to talk about it. The experiences of the last two days definitely did something to both of us. It solidified and reconfirmed our decision to leave.

Every time memories of those dark months start floating back, I'm still thankful for those times of "Great Joy in the Wilderness" that they speak of.  When I was on the brink of hopelessness, a morphine-like feeling washes over me filling my heart with unspeakable happiness as I watched the situation and problems surround me, yet, I felt untouched, unshakable and strong. These were the times I felt God the closest and the joy and peace of those moments, I will always remember. 

Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. First, I am sorry to hear of this now. If you can't share the details, it's ok too. But I am hoping that whatever it is, you'll get through it quickly. I may not know you personally but I feel like you are a strong person. I will be praying for you and your family sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marge, prayers can move mountains indeed. Can't wait to finally wrap up everything about the case so we can finally move on.

      Delete
  2. I can imagine what nightmare it was, so glad you managed to get out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how terrible it must have been to get through those dark days but luckily you got a happy ending. And now many adventures to look forward to :)
    Good luck selling furniture, vehicles and stuff - and enjoy your last months in Dubai!

    Btw, I love your new blog design, it looks really sleek. I also want to change mine and I was thinking of something similar with a monochrome scheme. Let's see what I get to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, Great idea, making the most of Dubai t's now starting to sink in as days pass and I'm realizing there are still places and things we haven't done like visiting the Miracle Gardens.

      Delete
  4. Oh Arni. I can't imagine how hard it was.. I'll continue to think of you and pray for you and your family as you move forward from hard times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I know that was a really tough time for you but I'm so glad that you've emerged stronger than you were before. Thinking about you and keeping you close to my heart

    ReplyDelete