Brown Coffee and Bakery


I try my best to check out the coffee culture when visiting a country by paying much closer attention to local coffee shops over big chains. Despite the number of International Coffee brands, I was intrigued by the gourmet coffee shop named Brown Coffee and Bakery in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. One can be quick to assume it's another Western coffee chain, but it's originally Cambodian.  It started about 4 years ago and now they are on their 8th chain.

The servers greeted us with warm smiles and the industrial chic interior made us want to perch and linger. Acoustic music drifts in the air and a counter display of pastries lure us into ordering something sweet. My husband went for a brownie while I settled for a coffee macaron. 

Young Cambodians were hanging out, as well as expats who are smart to have selected the venue perfect for a business meeting, with middle aged tourists much like ourselves who are curious to sneak a peek in this stylishly designed coffee environment. During my stay, I went to Brown Coffee twice. Here's why:


Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. it looks rather empty inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the trees outside. It looks so airy and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is about coffee but MMMM that brownie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much into coffee but sometimes I am lured into entering charming cafes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We much prefer to find good local coffee shops when we are travelling too. I can never resist a macaron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We much prefer to find good local coffee shops when we are travelling too. I can never resist a macaron!

    ReplyDelete