What's Up Lately?

Week 2 of Bikini Body Guide 1.0

You might have seen this already on Instagram. While I was away from the blogosphere and trying to overcome my repatriation blues, I took on a new activity. I am on Week 2 of Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide.  

I have made goals at the beginning of 2015 to exercise more often and eat more real food.  

I have completed Week 3 of Insanity, prior to BBG, but I couldn't stick to High Intensity Interval Training on a daily basis.  My muscles were so worn out, I could barely do the exercises the following day. Worse, on week 2, the workouts seemed to feel more like punishment. I started dreading doing the next rounds of exercises that are 45 minutes long. I pushed myself too hard sometimes to the point of almost passing out so I think I should build my fitness level first before diving into Insanity.  It did however, help me get back into shape and since I was able to do Insanity, it was not as hard starting Kayla's BBG. 

I am glad to find a workout that is both tough and fulfilling. I look forward to workouts and this time I don't feel like punching the coach on screen. Lol.  I like that the BBG workouts are 28 minutes long excluding stretches and that they are alternated with LISS or Low Intensity Steady State Cardio which I already do on a daily basis. I also like the fact that it has a pre-training workout for those who are not on the expected fitness level before doing the actual workout.

Eat more real food. Bananas are abundant in the Philippines and they're the perfect pre-workout snack
At the end of my first week doing BBG, daily rounds of commute sweating like crazy and a healthy lifestyle, I was able to get some clothes from the shipment. These clothes didn't fit me when I was back in Dubai. I swear, the zippers wouldn't close but I shipped them anyway and promised myself that if I worked hard enough, they'd fit me when they get to Manila. Guess what, they fit me now so I'm taking these clothes with me to France. :)

Lovely birthday girl
My daughter is growing up fast.  She's celebrating her birthday in a few days. We got her to wear this taupe dress that my fashion designer uncle in Dubai made for her. It was a Christmas gift and her first birthday is the best occasion for her to wear it. We organised a small dinner with family at home to celebrate her advance 1st birthday in the Philippines this weekend.

Estrel's Caramel Cake

We're taking the plane to go to France this afternoon. 
It will be a 24 hour journey. Hope all goes well traveling with my baby. 

À bientôt
Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. she is really growing fast, I thought you gave birth to her yesterday :)
    I wish I lived in a country where bananas grow in the backyards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anais is so gorgeous. Happy belated birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Anais! Safe travels to France! I also tried T25 for a while and at first it was so hard but I got used to it... I loved sweating but then I realized my bones were hurting too much.. my shoulders especially and I thought maybe I wasn't following correctly. I ran instead for a good 4 months and felt so great.. I haven't exercised in almost a year now and I am itching to get back. I tried things here and there (mostly dancing exercises) but it certainly doesn't feel the same as sweating bullets while running or doing T25. Hopefully I'll find my groove soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is so cute! Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Anais is one already! Where does the time go? She's adorable. Love the dress on her!

    It sounds like you're doing a rigorous exercise program. That'll get you in great shape!

    ReplyDelete