Zip Line


I love flying.  Being suspended in the air, taking in the aerial view of a tropical scenery is in my to-do list for this trip. Zepy of  Travel Explore Beyond and I craved for an adrenalin pumping morning, trying out the Outland Adventure Xcelerator Zip Line, a 1 kilometer dual cable zip line about 200 feet above the ground.


How to get there:

Take a cab from Davao City.  It's at the end of Ma-a, Diversion Road, nestled in a 17-hectare nature sanctuary.  It is owned by Project Challenge Foundation Inc., designed and founded by Mr. Matt McNeil, founder of AZTEC, Advocacy for Zip Line and Cable Access Technology Inc.  Outland Adventure ensures safety and precaution using standard and reliable harness system.   

Rate per zip ride is Php 500 (USD $ 13) per person.  Open from Mondays-Saturdays from 8AM to 5PM, Sundays from 1PM-5PM


We had no bookings in advance. We merely took a cab and signed up at the Outland Adventure reception where we registered,  signed a waiver, and left our bags for safekeeping.  We went through a 15-minute briefing and orientation after fastening our harnesses.  There's a short hike up the jump off station.


 Check out our GoPRO video:


It was addictive.  You might have seen on the video the view from up there.  We managed to take pictures while crossing at an incredible speed approximately at 70-120 kilometers per hour. Here are captured images from the jump off station and while soaring above the trees.


We did the zipline twice.  The first time in sitting position and the second time in a "Superman".  If you are a thrill seeker, you can do the inverted style - hanging upside down. (I'm not that brave).  I'd love to do it all over again.

Have you tried a zipline before?
 Which position do you prefer?
Have a great week!

XOXO,
Arni

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Arni, you are such an inspiration! I am a big chicken when it comes to this kind of thing but every time I ready about your adventures, I want to give them a go! I think I would ease myself into it by trying the sitting position first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do that! It's definitely something that's on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! I have an unhealthy addiction to flying. But the last time I did was almost 8years ago. I wouldn't want to do it upside down. It might be unpleasant with the blood rushing straight down to the head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so awesome! I haven't been ziplining before but it looks so fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing ! I want to do this someday.

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete