Saving Tip: Baby Vaccines in the UAE

Do you know babies born in the UAE have access to free vaccination? Yes, well almost.  Great, right? I just spent this morning applying for a Dubai Health Card for my baby.

Toothless grin reaction to free vaccines :)
Where can this be applied?
There are 3 government hospitals that process health cards:
  1. Latifa Hospital (Al Wasl Hospital)
  2. Rashid Hospital
  3. Dubai Hospital
What do I need to bring?
Please prepare a photocopy of each document to be presented along with the original :
  1. Baby's birth certificate
  2. Tenancy Contract
  3. Father and Mother's Passport and Visa Page
  4. Baby's Passport and Visa Page
  5. Baby's Passport Photograph
**I was advised by the call center before I went to the hospital to bring the baby vaccination book  but the hospital didn't really check it.  The hospital staff however asked me for the baby's Emirates ID which I haven't applied for yet. 

How much is it?
There is an annual fee of AED 110. 

Once I receive the health card, which hospital should I go to for vaccines?
There is a designated hospital nearest to where the applicants reside. The hospital staff will advise you which hospital to go to. It is Al Barsha Hospital for us. There is a need to book appointments in advance for the vaccinations. 

A complete set of 18-month worth of vaccines in a private hospital normally costs AED 920+. Some private hospitals charge AED 550+ per visit since vaccinations are usually not covered by private medical insurance.   So imagine, the savings there. 

I went to Latifa Hospital first.  Their card machine was not working this morning so they gave me a temporary ID.  I immediately went straight to Rashid Hospital  to obtain a permanent Health Card (and to get it over with). I'm glad I did, it was done in a few minutes. 

Related Articles:

Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Love the toothless grin! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he she already has your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and growing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your informative posts! That little toothless grin - what a heart melter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby is so big now!!! I love her smile. What a cutie

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images