A Blog Break


I am going to disappear for now until September to a far away land to reflect on life. A land away from social media. I will not have access to internet very very soon, and if I do find a wi-fi spot that works with my phone, you might still catch me on Instagram. A vacation from our vacation, ha, does that make sense?

I need to escape from the nomadic life pressures for a while. It's not easy being a parent without roots. I'm still recovering from the after shocks of leaving everything I have worked hard for behind. The new life that awaits us terrifies me to the core and  I hate sitting idle due to logistic limitations and budget constraint of having a non-refundable airline ticket with unchangeable flight dates. I would have wanted to write more about the treasure hunt which I must say is the highlight of our trip. However, having consumed by blues makes it very difficult to write lately.

Sometimes, we just need to get away from things and then come back again to make sure we see things with the right perspective.

A bientot.
Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. So, are you going back to Philippines? I thought you were already there :) but then I saw you are in France... it's hard to keep up where you at in your nomadic life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dezzy, I'm still in France for another 6 weeks but I might go solo traveling somewhere for a short break.

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you and yours and hoping you still are able to capture the small moments and enjoy them for what they are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arni, enjoy your blogging break and find the rest and answers you need.

    I can totally understand you, it is not easy to leave everything behind and start anew. And once there's a baby at home even the most simple decisions become complicated (I now know that). But life drastic life changes aside, it is always good to take time for ourselves and leave our online life behind.

    Enjoy your last weeks in France xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Irene, hope all is well. It gets complicated, doesn't it? Bye bye restaurant dinners on a whim. My baby's tantrums have driven me off the edge lately and the full time Mom routine along with lifestyle limitations while balancing peace with family at the same time have been tough like hiking through a land mine for me. I miss the freedom that I used to have so I might be traveling solo for a short vacay very soon, away from everyone. I hope it'll do me some good. Bisous XX

      Delete
  4. Aww... Hugs to you sis. I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what you are going through but know that my prayers are with you. Hope to see you soon and thank you for still reading my blog even when you are on vacation. I will miss your post. Please come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marge, your blog makes me feel connected to home. I was expecting my Dubai phone line to be disconnected. Then I received a message that it was extended. Awesome. While I was away, I kept thinking about the blog world. I finally gave in and thought of connecting whenever I can.

      Delete
  5. Such a big hug to you. I hope this break is lovely and refreshing for your soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Ashley. It was indeed. What it did as well was it reminded me how blogging helped me with the blues many years ago and how much I missed you all.

      Delete
  6. I hope your respite brings you what you need! We'll miss you while you're gone, and look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherry. The past few days have been very helpful. I did miss blogging so I'll try to write from time to time.

      Delete