A Morning Walk in Saint Jacques des Blats


We parked across the street and walked to the village of Saint-Jacques des Blats.  The sun was bright.  I watched my husband and his parents headed for the hills as I remained glued staring up at the church tower  standing prominently above the sleepy atmosphere.   Everything seemed closed at 11AM on a Friday.   The sound of a tractor crossing this square surprised me.  I stepped out of its way to let it pass as the driver greeted me, "Bonjour" with a nod.  I answered back, smiling.  I'm always touched by the genuine politeness in the countryside.   


The name of the town makes me smile prounounced Sant Zhack de Blah.  It lies on the foothills of the Plomb du Cantal overlooking high altitude pastures.   


There are currently about 319 inhabitants here. The quiet village has a number of Bed and Breakfasts, vacation rentals and a campsite for those with camping cars that could be quite interesting.   Activities around here during summer and autumn would be nature walks and visits to burons,  old mountain dairies.  During winter and spring, it is very close to the ski resorts in Lioran.

We spent several minutes strolling as the sun hid behind the clouds.  The next thing we knew, it started pouring and found ourselves running towards the car.

XOXO,
Arni

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Elle, at one point I was wondering where everybody went. It was empty but lovely in that sort of way.

      Delete
  2. I love these pictures. They make me feel like I'm right there!

    ReplyDelete