Guest Post: Happiness by Helen
I am so thrilled to have a blogger friend, Helen here today, author of Eat.Enjoy.Live as she shares with us today what gives her utmost joy..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey! Helen here from Eat.Enjoy.Live. How is everyone?
I was so excited when Arni asked me to guest post. I mean this girl has style!!
She asked me to write about what makes me happy.
I honestly didn't think it would be so difficult.
I didn't want to go down the route of family and friends, because although they do make me happy,
they have me going crazy too!! Who's with me?
The one thing that never lets me down?
I get most of my books from charity shops, as they are cheap and my money goes to a good cause.
The only trouble is when I'm trawling the shelves all you can hear me say is "read that, read that, read that".
Seriously. Whilst every other children was spending their pocket money on sweets, I was saving it up and buying books.
I have a problem, but it's a problem I can live with.
My top 5 reasons why books make me happy?
- Although books can make you cry, they will never ever let you down.
- Books are the ultimate tool for time travel. In fact travel in general. Go anywhere, to any time and if you've picked a good author you're right there in the moment.
- I learn a lot about myself.
- The smell. I know it's weird, but that second hand book shop smell. They should bottle that. I'd buy it!
- Characters. They can't talk back, you can hate them, hopelessly fall in love and encourage them. You don't have to be afraid. Their story is already written.
Please don't ask me what my favourite book/author is because I just couldn't answer. I do have the top 5 books I think you should read though.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
- The 5 people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom.
- The crimson petal and the white by Michael Faber.
- The end of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas.
I recommend you read at least one of them next year.
What is your favourite book?
Thanks Arni for letting me indulge my passion for books.
What makes you happy?